Today, I am going to introduce some of tools available for SQL Server formatting.
The list is not in order of any preferences, but just the way it is. Explore and use as your choice.
1. Format SQL – https://format-sql.com/
2. Instant SQL Formatter – http://www.dpriver.com/pp/sqlformat.htm
3. SQL Prompt from redgate – http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-prompt/
4. SQLinForm – http://www.sqlinform.com/
5. SQL Formatter – http://www.sql-format.com/
6. SQL beautifier – https://sourceforge.net/projects/fsqlf/
You may comment if you are using any other tools of your choice.
If you are a DBA and deal with lots of servers, especially, production servers, you need to be very careful on applying code changes or configurational changes. Any execution by mistake may lead you trouble, infact a very BIG trouble.
Here is a small TIP, you can follow while you connect to server – a color code method.
Step 1: While you connect the Server, select option .
Step 2: Go to Connection Properties and “Use custome color”.( I use RED for Production Servers, it is a personal choice anyway)
Once you connected with this option enabled, then whenever you connect to the server it uses RED color as the background for status bar.
This tip was very useful for me for a long time, hope you will also enjoy…